You’ve cleared the initial hurdles and now one thing remains between you and your dream role: the interview process.
This is your opportunity to understand the role and decide if the team and company are the right fit for you. This is your chance to talk about your experience and demonstrate how you will add value.
Preparation is key to a successful interview. At Insure Recruitment we ensure every one of our candidates is fully prepared for interviews. To help you truly shine, read our top tips for interview preparation:
The best way of showing you’re motivated to work for an organisation is by demonstrating you have invested time in getting under the skin of that company.
- Be focused, look for information that is pertinent to the role you are applying for.
- Be aware of key company information: key players, recent news stories; review their website until it is entirely familiar.
- Think about challenges the company might be facing.
- Look up your interviewers so you have a feel for who you’ll be meeting.
Use a mirror or – better – a friend to rehearse. Practice will help focus your mind and ensure you arrive with flow, momentum and rhythm. Concentrate on:
- Your unique selling points.
- Career highlights – particularly when they added value.
- Your aspirations and their benefit to a prospective employer
- Prepare responses to questions you might be asked.
First impressions are hugely important. Ensure that you are smartly turned out.
- If you feel you are looking a little shabby around the edges: get a haircut and maybe a manicure – a fun, morale-boosting treat!
- Research the dress codes of your target workplaces – if you are used to dress down, invest in some smart clothes and shoes.
- Don’t just look smart – follow the news and ensure familiarity with current events.
Ask the help for help
The right consultants will save you time, focus your energies and resources, and ensure you are properly prepped ahead of interviews.
- Insure Recruitment will help you with interview technique and make sure you get the fullest possible brief, avoiding surprises during the interview.
- We won’t sugarcoat our advice: we know our clients and industry intimately and we have invested time in getting to know you. You can rely on our advice to be honest, constructive and designed to ensure you succeed.
A two-way street
This is the company’s opportunity to demonstrate to you that the role is the right step for you and your career.
- Have a few erudite questions up your sleeves, which will help you decide if the position, firm culture and company vision is a good fit for you.
- LISTEN! You have two ears and one mouth – remind yourself ahead of the interview to use them in that ratio!
We care about your career. That’s why 93% of our placed candidates are still in the role we helped them win 12 months later.